Saturday, April 18, 2009

Elder Holland's visit

I don't know why I have had such a problem posting this about Elder Holland's visit, I am not going to go into too much detail because it was just such a spiritual experience that I can't really explain it all. Maybe one day you can read my journal :)

Elder Holland came to visit our Stake here in Saudi. Because our Stake covers pretty much the entire Persian Gult he made several stops and held small Stake Conferences in each area. Therefore, we were blessed to have him speak to us at the town about one hour away, there were about 120 of us in attendance. I can't really convey in words the sanctity of this experience, and don't really want to, it was very moving. He did give our area an Apostolic blessing, which was one of the most spiritual moments of my life. He told us to remember, that even here in the middle of the Middle East, we are not alone. That the Church leadership is aware of us, our trials, our successes and most importantly our needs. It had been about 25 years since an Apostle had been in Saudi Arabia so it was a unique blessing to be here for the historic occasion and to meet him and his wife personally.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Gunda. I really enjoy reading your blog. I hope you make another close friend soon. I think about you often and keep you in my prayers. I think meeting with Elder Holland would have been a precious experience. I remember just after I had Elizabeth, Elder Bednar came to Stake Conference for my BYU stake and left a blessing on us. I was concerned about raising my little girl in this world with evil surrounding us. He left a blessing on us that our children would be alright as long as we teach them the gospel. That would be their safeguard. I have held tight to that promise and it has brought me a lot of peace. Talk to you soon. Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really neat! I'll respect your keeping the experience sacred. I'm glad you had that testimony-building experience.

    ReplyDelete