Monday, January 26, 2009

Accomplishments of today

OK, I know this is going to get mundane, but life here is pretty simple and there isn't much else to report on, I imagine the little things are going to become more important! LOL

I am still not feeling hot and woke up at three am and read a book. This morning I planned on walking down to that little mall to browse through that book store, instead I accidentally fell asleep, even slept through my alarm, until it broke through my dreams and that annoying song that kept playing woke me up. By then it was too late for me to go, the morning prayer would start soon and Adam comes home for lunch at noon, so I just went back to sleep (besides, I was still really tired).

After lunch I walked down to the store and to my dismay the bookstore is closed until after four due to the afternoon prayers. If any of you are interested, the following is a link to the January prayer schedule http://www.guidedways.com/prayertimes/prayertimings-country-saudi_arabia-city-Dammam-state-Ash+Sharqiyah-latitude-26.44-longitude-50.1.htm. I have it book marked and as soon as our printer gets here I plan on putting it on the wall. I need to buy a calendar so I can keep track of what day of the week it is. I am losing track of time. I actually have to look at the clock to figure out the date and day of the week, and I have only been here a few days! So, back to the trip to the mall, I went to the grocery store to get some things for dinner, found a few more things that I need around the house.

And then, get this, my mom will love this, I MOPPED THE FLOORS, not with a swiffer or a fancy system, but with the type of mop I haven't used since I worked at McDonald's in High School! LOL! And the dust bunnies when I swept, unbelievable! I hope it is just because Adam forgot to sweep under the furniture. I can't wait for the shipment to get here so I can decorate a little and then figure out what I can do to make this place feel like home. Our address is:

Adam Mattys
Construction Department
SABCO
PO Box 10011
Jubail
31961
Saudi Arabia

So yes, today, I cleaned house, took a little walk about, and feel myself rail a little at being a little too domestic! I WANT MY OLD JOB where I made the money and someone else cleaned for me, lol! Is this what being a mom is like? What would I do with kids thrown in the mix? Then I would have to clean up after others as well and take care of them? How do you fit all that in, especially when you are sick? I feel yucky just walking around? Yes, I am a whiner, but in my defense, that sinus infection that I didn't get treated in the states because I thought it went away, well, it didn't, so tomorrow morning I am walking to the clinic and getting those antibiotics. 4 weeks is took long for green snot, there, how is that for a gross ending! And you thought I was boring, not quite macabre, but still gross! Catch ya on the other side of the world, literally. Hope you are all sleeping well.

Oh, by the bye, this is where we live, you can kind of see it on google map, http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=27.1013,49.5722&ie=UTF8&z=12&om=1

3 comments:

  1. So, they don't even pray at the same time every day?! How do they remember? And, how frustrating for you!

    And, you DON'T fit it all in - ever - with kids. :) ESPECIALLY when you're sick! I've just adopted the dust bunnies as part of my family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, they don't pray at the same time, I need to find out why, I think it is based on teh sun schedule. It is pretty cool to hear the chanting.

    I am glad to know when I have a child that I won't have to fit it all in, it all seems daunting, but just the thought of having a baby makes me glow inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, what types of things do they allow you to send over there? Anything I should leave out if I were to send something?

    Lindsay is right! Mothering is quite an improv thing. Don't get me wrong, structure has it's place but you have to be flexible or you'll go insane. On average, I need out by myself every couple of days or so. Minimum of once a week but that's usually shopping! lol Yay for school!

    ReplyDelete