Sunday, January 25, 2009

Yesterday, all my troubles were so far away, now I know that they are here to stay, oh I believe, in yesterday

Just kidding, I have always wanted to use that line though, one of my favorite songs.

Yesterday we made a trip to the clinic for my first doctor visit. You see, even though they ran fifty billion tests before I left, they had to run some of the same tests over. So, I was retested for malaria and a few other things. Just when I don't feel well they poke me with a big needle. I have the flu, or maybe just jet lag. Whatever it is I don't feel well, everything hurts. The doc gave me some flu medicine for the body aches and sore throat, vitamin C, all free. She is a real Dr, I think she is from India and she is really nice. I go back next week for my test results and that is when I take her my huge medical file and also start the process of getting all my meds refilled, can't wait tell they see those! LOL!

I also walked to the rec center here on the compound yesterday, I met a man named Ross who is in charge of security here on the compound, his wife volunteers at the school and he said she might have some info on some openings, volunteer or pay, whichever. While we were there some the the compound's "women's club" came by. I have been warned that they might be a little overwhelming, but I am going to give them a chance. They have a book club, coffee club (LOL) and play mahjong (ha, can't wait to beat them, lol).

There are also buses that take groups of women to the different malls, to different grocercy stores, IKEA (yes, they have that here), and shopping districts. Seem like the women do a lot of shopping here. Not really my thing, especially since we are trying to save money. Things I could use, real spices, narcotic pain killers for my shoulder, yes, it is acting up real bad and I don't think they have that kind of medicine here and tylenol doesn't cut it and that is all I can take with my stomach, um, someone to paint my walls, Adam doesn't think we should spend the money on the paint, I think we should, I think I will check on the cost of paint, white is too boring! And, the curtains are straight from the 70's, those kind that have cords on the side and pleats at the top, off white. do you dry clean those??? I think a good cleaning would help. I want to spruce up the place a little. I want to wait for the shipment to get here to see what we need. Too bad we had to take out our curtains, but they wouldn't fit on these rods.

And, jet lag, gotta love waking up at 3 am and falling asleep at 3pm! I can't help it! LOL! I have to sleep because I don't feel well and my body is telling me to get some rest, but I can't just lay in bed and do nothing at 3am either! If Katherine is reading this, yes, "New Moon" is driving me crazy, the next book better be better!

Today I plan on venturing out to the mall down the street again and taking a closer look at the grocery store for spices and substitutes. And, I am going to the book store. I have been told they have a good selection of english books there.

I need to take a good picture of me in my garb and post it on this blog, hopefully someone is following it!

6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better soon! I would love to see you in your garb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better believe I'm following your blog! I think it's way interesting. I have a blog, too if you get bored. Although, I only update it like once a month. :) I'm going to try to do it weekly while I'm in Thailand, though. I really want you to post a picture! I'd love to see what it is exactly that you wear.

    Oh, and bad news... the book after New Moon DOESN'T get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooo, Michelle beat me to the bad news of the book - if you don't like it by now, you probably won't like the rest of it either. I totally didn't get it. I have a blog as well - did you know you can just click on our names and it will direct you to our own blogs?

    I can't wait to see a picture of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gunda! We are all following your blob because it is very interesting. I feel like I had the opportunity to walk with you down the streets and visit the shopping centers with you. I keep telling people you are living a real adventure. I read those Twilight books... I loved #1, Hated #2, Endured #3 and enjoyed #4. Not much of a Jacob Black fan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Gunda, just so you know... I don't know why it did this... but Jeremy comments are Eileen Comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could experience this! Guatemala really did me a favor! Once I got past myself I really opened myself to the world and history. Experiencing it makes it so much more interesting!!

    ReplyDelete